Here we offer various kinds of information that you might find useful
SCOUT HQ SELSLEY: To book this venue please call Mary Coupland on 01453 765081
The Scout Leader is Steve Jackson 827962
SNOW CODE is a recent Department for Transport publication explaining that there are no laws against clearing footways in a sensible way. It gives “examples of good practice for clearing snow & ice. It is hoped that it will encourage the public to ‘self help’ themselves and others in severe weather conditions.” Clerks were asked to publicize it to help get this useful document into the public domain to promote self help in local communities. I havn’t read it but I think a brush, shovel & salt might be handy + a bit of common sense. (salt ‘melts’ ice) http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_191868
- POLLUTION? WATERCOURSE? FLOODING?
- If you think a watercourse is being polluted report it to the Environment Agency: www.environment-agency.gov.uk or
- Incident hotline: 0800 807060
- Hazardous Waste Registration number: 08708 502 858
- Agricultural Waste Registration: 0845 603 3113
- Floodline: 0845 988 1188
- General Enquiries: 08708 506 506
Meals on Wheels
Tel: 01453 826777
Unit 1, Oldends Industrial Estate, Oldends, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire GL10 3RQ
WRVS Meals on Wheels Area Organisation is always happy to hear from prospective volunteers to help deliver meals.
King's Stanley has a 5 day a week delivery. Deliveries take between 1.5 and 2 hours and volunteers need only commit themselves to once or twice a month.